Photography by Lauren Mahony
Sewing Basics for Beginners Course
- Learn to sew over three weeks.
- You'll learn new skills in each 3 hour weekly workshop.
- Course total of 9 hours tuition.
What You Will Learn
- Week 1: Threading and setting up your machine, using sewing kit tools, getting familiar with the terminology.
- Week 2: All about zippers and inserting an exposed zip, understanding and using interfacing, the anatomy of fabric.
- Week 3: Tracing out, cutting technique, sewing at seam allowance, bagging out a lining.
What You Get
- Detailed handouts at each weekly workshop.
- Experienced and friendly teachers to take you through everything from the very beginning.
- No need to bring anything. We have smooth running Janome machines (supplied by Statewide Sewing Centres).
- Learn to sew from the very beginning as we take you through all the basics of sewing. You'll get an understanding of the sewing machine, machine sewing techniques and start trouble shooting problems at the machine yourself. You'll get to know what you want in a sewing machine if you haven't yet purchased one. We'll introduce you to terminology, tools, patterns, fabric selection, cutting technique and achieving professional results.
- What you'll be making:
- What do you need to bring? On confirmation of your booking, you will receive an email which includes the details of the fabrics, thread, zip, etc that you need to bring along with you. You can purchase everything except for the fabric at the time of booking by choosing to add the merchandise items to your order.
Frequently Asked Questions- click here
Bookings and Cancellations Policy – click here
Thread Den's member discount does not apply to this course.
Upcoming Starting Dates for our Sewing Bascis for Beginners Course:
3 DAY INTENSIVE Sewing Basics for Beginners Course
© Thread Den owns the copyright to all information and images on this site
3d / 26 Wellington Street COLLINGWOOD, VIC Australia 03 9486 9821