Open Studio – Sewing Lounge & Cutting Room Use
Thread Den is closed from 18 December and will reopen on 7 January 2019. Private lessons can be organised during this time, but there is a 20% surcharge applicable.
Between 2pm & 6pm on Thursdays and Fridays.
There is no instruction provided during the Open Studio times. This is appropriate for independent sewing only. For tuition, contact us about a private lesson.
To use the Sewing Lounge and Cutting Room for FREE, purchase a Thread Den Lounge Membership – click here to read more.
This time is ideal for fashion students, hobby sewists and designers.
- Catch up on course homework and finish workshop projects.
- Trace off patterns and draft your own on the drafting/cutting tables (pattern drafting paper & pattern card is available for sale).
- Work on your toile, create a sample or finish your current project on one of our eight Janome Sewing Machines (supplied by Statewide Sewing Centres) with various feet available for your use. Unfortunately, we do not have any industrial machines.
- Cut out samples and big projects on the cutting/drafting tables.
- Finish seams and tidy edges,Unfortunately, overlockers can only be used by students who have learnt to use them in one of our workshops or you can organise private tuition to learn to use them – click here.
- Browse our Vintage Pattern Library and use our dressmaking and projects reference library. Patterns must be traced off.