Between 2pm & 6pm on Thursdays and Fridays.
During Drop In Sewing Hours we are preparing the workshop materials for the week ahead and undertaking general administration tasks. Use of the lounge during this time is for self-directed sewing – we are unable to provide instruction (but we’d love to help you in a private lesson if you need to tackle a project or particular technique..
To use the Sewing Lounge for FREE during our drop in hours, grab yourself a Thread Den Membership – click here to read more.
What Can You Work on When You Drop in to the Sewing Lounge?
- If you have a bit of homework to catch up from your course, this is the perfect chance.
- Students can trace off the pattern pieces from their recent courses. Unfortunately, our course patterns are only available to students who have taken the workshop teaching that pattern.
- Hate having to clear off the dining table to cut out – use our beautiful big tables!
- Unfortunately, overlockers can only be used by students who have learnt to use them in one of our workshops or you can take a private lesson to learn to use them – click here.
- Work on one of our eight Janome Sewing Machines (supplied by Statewide Sewing Centres) with various feet available for your use. Please note that we have a very small range of threads for sale, if you need a perfect match you should pre-purchase it.
- Browse our Vintage Pattern Library and become inspired – visitors can purchase pattern making paper to trace Vintage Patterns on to.