Choose to learn face-to-face or online!
Learn to sew from the very beginning as we take you through all the basics of sewing. You’ll get an understanding of the sewing machine, how to adjust settings, machine sewing techniques and start trouble shooting problems at the machine yourself. We’ll introduce you to terminology, tools, patterns, fabric selection, cutting technique and achieving professional results.
Run over nine hours:
- Face-to-face – 3 x 3 hour weekly workshops.
- Online – 6 x 1.5 hour weekly workshops.
What you will learn
- Threading and setting up your machine, using sewing kit tools, getting familiar with the terminology.
- Identify zippers and inserting a centred zip, understanding and using interfacing, the anatomy of fabric.
- Tracing out, cutting technique, sewing at seam allowance, bagging out a lining.
What you get
- Detailed handouts.
- Experienced and friendly teachers to take you through everything from the very beginning.
- No need to bring a sewing machine or sewing kit (for face-to-face). We have smooth running Janomes (supplied by Statewide Sewing Centres).
What to bring
- Your confirmation email will include a list of supplies you’ll need, click here to view now.
What you’ll be making
- A felt lined fabric wallet perfect for your ipod or myki
- A zippered toiletries case with interfacing
- A fully lined sling bag with boxed out corners