Level 1 workshops are perfect for students that have completed our Sewing Basics for Beginners.
At this level, you’ve been dipping your toes into the seductive world of sewing by making accessories and homewares from stable woven fabrics. Threading your sewing machine is getting familiar (maybe you are still double-checking a couple of things in the manual). Sewing at seam allowance isn’t a foreign concept. You have followed basic patterns and instructions. Terms like grainline and selvedge are not unfamiliar to you.
In level 1 workshops we introduce just a couple of new skills.
At this level you can expect:
- Simple garments and accessories that have only a few pattern pieces.
- We will remind you about straight grain and pattern markings.
- You might learn to use an overlocker to finish straight and simple seams.
- You could be taught invisible zips or centred regular zips.
- Suggested fabrics will include stable woven fabrics.