Level 1 workshops are perfect for students that have completed our Sewing Basics for Beginners. At this level you will be expected to know about adjusting stitch width and length, and understand how to sew at seam allowance.
In level 1 workshops we introduce just a couple of new skills.
At this level your can expect:
- Simple garments and accessories that have just a few pattern pieces.
- We will thoroughly cover straight grain and pattern markings.
- You might learn to use an overlocker to finish straight and simple seams.
- You could be taught invisible zips and centred regular zips.
- Suggested fabrics will include stable woven fabrics.