This sewing thing is really growing on you! You can follow a suggested layout and have now worked with a variety of woven fabrics, maybe even your first knits. You’ve stepped up to using patterns for simple garments like basic skirts, pants and tops. You’ve sewn a dart, inserted a basic zip and have finished edges with an overlocker.
You will learn several new skills in a Level 2 workshop.
At this level you can expect:
- Garments/projects with several pattern pieces.
- You should know your straight grain and pattern markings, but your teacher is on hand to double-check these with you.
- You could learn a trickier zip application like a lapped regular zip.
- Double-ended darts.
- Working on the fabric bias.
- You’ll probably use an overlocker.
- Suggested fabrics will include knit fabrics and woven with drape.
- Garments might also combine different types of fabrics.