You are a Sewciopath!: You have been using sewing patterns you pick up at Spotty, buy online from indie designers or download and print. The garments you have been making are from a wide variety of woven and knit fabrics, including challenging materials like silk blends. You are keen to gain knowledge that will allow you to alter patterns, improve the fit of garments, achieve impressive results and learn couture sewing techniques. At this level, workshops are at a fast-past and you will get the most if you take some time for homework in between classes.
At this level your can expect:
- Advanced garments with many pattern pieces.
- You will know your straight grain, cross grain and bias.
- You are familiar with most pattern markings.
- Pattern alterations and drafting may be included.
- Suggested fabrics could include satins and silk.
- Garments might also combine different types of fabrics.
- You may learn specialty skills like bodice boning, making underwire bras and tailoring.