The teachers of Thread Den are making fabric face masks for their loved ones and also selling them:
- Amy Macdonald – crochet and sewing teacher; via instagram.
- Amy S – now in sunny Queensland; via website – olasol.
- Alannah – now a school art teacher; via Etsy – The House of Arax.
- Danielle – Thread Den owner; fancy ‘going out masks’ via online store.
- Jenni – sewing and drafting teacher; bulk corporate orders (50+). Contact her via her email.
- Meagan – sewing teacher; via instagram.
Or Sew Your Own Simple Face Mask:
You can check out our video making face masks.
Get the free pattern we used from Birch Creative.
Check out Victoria State Government for advice on supplies and instructions to make a rectangular cloth mask.
For any enquiries about private lessons, email us info @ threadden.com
Lorena specialises in knitted constructed textiles, her knitwear line Lore Lore produces all things from homewares to wearable accessories and fully-fashioned garments. Lorena’s creative inspiration comes from living in South America and Asia, incorporating those vibrant cultures and the people encountered along the way.
Knitting Machine Basics
In this 6 hour Knitting Machine Workshop students will learn to use the machine and make a beanie. Knitting machines provided!
“This hands-on project will get you straight onto a machine experimenting with a few key techniques to get you started on your own beanie creation. By the end of the workshop you’ll be returning home with your very own Pom Pom beanie crafted by you!” – read more.
Alternative Hand Knitting
In this 3 hour Knitting Workshop students will learn to hand knit a jute market bag using chunky techniques and huge needles.
No experience necessary, join Lorena and make your own market bag – read more.
Check out who is teaching in January: